Monday, January 10, 2011

For the want of a nail, the shoe was lost...

...and so on....
All I needed was ONE simple rubber band.  Sounds easy enough.  Two hours later I had a bag full of them, a box full of the most unnecessary crap on the face of the earth and an empty drawer in the kitchen!  Yes, you're right, the evil "junk drawer"...you know, the place you find string, paper clips, a glue stick, the card from the plumber you called five years ago, assorted fridge magnets you took off when you got the new fridge, etc.
Gone...all gone, except for the goodies that had a place to live.  They're where they belong now.
I gotta say, there's a new sense of humility in me lately.
Six inches of snow outside this morning.  How crisp and beautiful it is.
The aroma in the kitchen is awesome now too.  I'm making my favorite "camping meal"....Lite (with chicken in it, don't tell hubby) Smoked Sausage, potatoes, onion, carrots, a wedge of cabbage along with herbs on hand, a splash of wine and some pepper and chicken bouillion granules....wrapped up tidily in aluminum foil and thrown in the hot coals (or a 350 degree oven) for an hour or so. :)

No comments: